Here at OpenStoryTellers we are committed to creating jobs for the learning disability community.
We have teamed up with Mencap to make a new Apprenticeship job here at OpenStoryTellers!
Do you have a learning disability, learning difficulty and/or autism?
Do you want to be an apprentice?
Do you want to get good training to develop your skills while you work and get paid?
Do you want to improve your skills in English and maths?
Apprentice Hub Host is a 2 day a week job at OpenStoryTellers and you will study 1 day a week for a Customer Service Practitioner Course. The role will be 3 days a week in total.
You will get support from a Mencap Job Coach.
You will get paid to be an Apprentice Hub Host.
In the role, you will:
* welcome people to the OpenStoryTellers hub
* answer the phone and take messages
* help the group leaders to set up for the day and clear away afterwards
* help to make sure OpenStoryTellers has everything it needs like refreshments and cleaning products
* manage the post and the OST diary
* keep noticeboards up to date
* help with our social media and emails
* help keep the hub clean and tidy
* and lots more!
To find out more about the apprenticeship role, you can download our information pack below.
The information pack below has our application form. Please fill this out if you would like to apply.
You can also send us a picture, a poem, a story or something creative which shows us why would would like the job (this is optional!)