Day Service Groups
We run a number of day services for adults with learning disabilities in Somerset and the surrounding area. These are run in partnership with Somerset County Council and funded by Personal Budgets.
Our services – Story Skills, Life Skills & Work Skills – help adults build confidence, improve communication skills and support micro enterprise and employment.
Members who attend benefit from:
- Making friends and exchanging stories
- Learning transferable work skills
- Experience of working in a team
- Learning how to have a say in decisions that affect them
- Increased confidence in communicating
- A chance to take part in fun and creative activities
- Becoming more active members in their local communities
“Telling my story, and listening to other people’s stories, makes me feel happy and gives me a sparkle. Stories teach us things and help us with everyday life”
Katie, Story Skills Group Member
An enthusiastic team of experienced professionals, paid assistants and dedicated volunteers lead our day services. Everyone involved is DBS checked.
Attending day services
|What?||Story Skills||Work Skills||Advanced Work Skills||Life Skills|
Day services are suitable for adults who enjoy interacting with others and can engage in an activity for 20 minutes at a time. If you support someone who would like to join an Openstorytellers Day Service, please download our referral form or call us on 01373 471 171.